QRP


I keep confusing myself about QRP. Ninety-five percent of the time I absolutely love it. I'm totally fascinated by it. And in many ways it takes me back to the glory days of when I was a novice running about 35 watts out. Not a whole lot more than I'm likely running QRP on my FT-817.
Then I have days like today. Days when I frustrate myself with total failure to reach anyone. Twenty meter CW and SSB. Thirty meter CW. Forty meter CW. Not one QSO.
Yeah, I know. That's the challenge.
But gee, it would be nice to at least get SOMEONE out there to hear my little two watts limping through the air from that little Miracle Whip sitting on the hood of my Ford Ranger. The loyal truck parked in a quiet rural park in Conroe, Texas. A beautiful little park situated under bright, sunny skies. Skies that were pleasantly breezy with 75 degree temperatures.
Hmm.
Maybe I remembered the beauty of QRP. It's more than the QSO. It's the whole package, isn't it? Yeah. A great day out there today. A cool experience that I couldn't have in the shack. Oh yes, that's right. Now I'm beginning to remember. Now I get it.
QRP rocks!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Knight Kit

Back to the Heartland

Popular Electronics in the 50s & 60s